I’m the blog editor over at ReferralCandy. Here’s my favorite writing that I’ve done over there. Some of it has imperfect formatting, and I think there are a lot of headline and copy improvements I could do for the older ones, but these are my favorites.
Content Marketing, or simply ‘writing’:
- “How To Write Good (For The Interwebs)” – ReferralCandy’s Internal Copyediting Guidelines
- Minimum Viable Content: Real Talk About Content Marketing (And The 4 Mistakes You’ll Make)
- Content Marketing In The Age Of Surplus: How exactly do you earn “earned media”?
- Ask Better Questions – a response to Five Paragraph Essays by 42floors
- How Attention-Minutes Might Alter the Digital Content Landscape
- How and Why Blogging Helps Ecommerce Retailers
- The marketing genius of the term “Gasoline Cars”.
- How To Sell Saxaphone Lessons: Sales Copy Wisdom From The Craziest Copywriters On The Internet
- How Referrals Built The $10 Billion Dropbox Empire
- The Original #GrowthHackers: How PayPal Achieved 7-10% Daily Growth In The Early 2000s
- How Mellow Made $200,000+ In Preorder Sales In Less Than A Month
- How Opena Case Hit 189% Of Their $15,000 Kickstarter Target And Built A Million Dollar Business
I solemnly believe that good curation is important work, and it’s really hard to do well.
- Customer Acquisition Insights From 15 Successful Shopify Stores
- What Did News Articles Say About Facebook In The Early 2000s?
- 10 Successful Ecommerce Founders, 21 Great Interviews, A Whole Lotta Wisdom
- The Best Selling Headline Of David Ogilvy’s Copywriting Career (and 7 others!)
- Best of Reddit’s content on Ecommerce, Marketing, Social Media and more
- An Epic List Of 47 Referral Programs
Social Media Theory + Commentary
- What IS social media?
- Why are people so annoying on social media?
- Social media is NOT “media gone social”.
- Never Alone: How Social Media Changes The Way We Live And Consume
- Social Networking Sites and Social Media: What’s the difference?
Marketing / Branding Analysis (positioning, messaging)
- Brand Loyalty: Not Dead, Just Different
- Barack Obama, Healthcare.gov’s Marketer-in-Chief
- How did cookie clicker get so popular?
- If your advertising isn’t entertaining, you’re doing it wrong.
- Questions to ask about Everdream’s ‘Modern Spaceship’ ad for Tesla Motors
- Analyzing the marketing behind Axe’s Super Bowl Ad
- Analyzing the simple, effective marketing behind Guinness’s “phones down” ad.
- Sony’s Bottled Walkman: The success of newsworthy advertising.
- Analyzing the Marketing behind Coke’s 2014 Super Bowl ad
- SodaStream, Scarlett Johansson and the Streisand Effect
- Tesla’s “$0 Marketing Budget” is Awesome Marketing
- The Mother Of All Lists Of Ecommerce Mistakes
- How To Do Ecommerce Marketing With Limited Resources
- Sharing is Learning: How Word-of-Mouth Helps Us Overcome Information Overload. (The first post I wrote for the ReferralCandy blog, which was me making sense of the work that we do.)
Stuff to rework, maybe
More details about each post / better curation later.