Let’s look at some job descriptions.
I’m going to use these to influence some of the blogposts I write next.
Uber seeks full-time Regional Content Marketing Managers to create, manage, and distribute web content in each of our operational regions. The ideal candidate understands how content works across a customer journey to fulfill both regional business objectives and local user needs. The Regional Content Marketing Manager will be the strongest advocate for transforming global insights and initiatives into impactful city-based content.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership and responsibility for regional content covering the Southeast Asia region
Operationalize web content strategy within a region, working with City Marketing Managers to produce and publish localized web content
- Develop and manage editorial calendars for a region
- Create editorial best practices, from writing and publishing to tracking and optimization
- Strategically prioritize content initiatives based on their region’s unique business requirements and customer needs
- Track content across its lifecycle, optimize top performing content, and provide recommendations that help enhance web content strategy at Uber
- Track content production for each operational region
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including SEO, Uber.com & other marketing channels to maximize ROI of content
What We’re Looking For
- Strong writing abilities—while overseeing content production across cities, Regional/Country Content Marketing Managers may also write core content on uber.com.
- Passion for developing sound content strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time
- A keen eye for measurement, helping to provide reports against KPIs and key strategic insights
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn about amplification and distribution, including organic and paid strategies, social media platforms, and native distribution (platforms include but are not limited to: Sprinklr, Outbrain, Media Partners)
- Experience publishing for SEO, Social, or CRM channels is a bonus
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- To design merchant content strategies for our APAC Markets to enable the delivery of the right message to the right customer at the right time in a delightful way to create outstanding customer experiences and strong business outcomes.
- To continuously improve the content, we are delivering to our customers and also continually improve the way (cost, time and processes) that this is being delivered to market.
CONTENT DESIGN & CONTENT STRATEGY
- To define the content requirements and needs by market, by segment, by initiative and by customer touch point to develop a prioritized plan to deliver a program of content delivery to the APAC Markets
- To leverage customer insights to design customer journeys across the lifecycle for key segments
- To partner with the markets to design content offerings around business requirements, customer needs and pain points to deliver outstanding customer experiences that unlocks growth for our business units
- To partner with RHQ Channel Owners to deliver outstanding content for core customer experiences across key lifecycle streams for website, email and social channels
- To develop wireframes and content briefs for key customer touch points for internal production resources and agency vendors
- To create a roster of trusted vendors and partners that can develop quality content for APAC Countries at scale
- Partner with Local Country Teams to develop the capabilities to localize content in an effective and efficient way
OPTIMISATION AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT IN CONTENT
- Develop content playbooks for key Merchant segments in APAC
- Develop ways to track and measure effectiveness of content across all touch points to drive continuous improvement
Key Skills And Experience
- Bachelor in Business or Communications – Journalism, Digital Marketing, Communications, PR
- 5-10+ Years in Content Creation – ideally for digital channels
- Experience in design thinking
- Experience in information architecture, working with a content management system and ideally SEO
- Understands translating customer needs and insights into commercial strategies and communications
- Outstanding communications skills – written and verbal
- Team player – high energy and passionate about impacting team dynamics. Outstanding collaborator
- Ability to influence in a complex matrix structure (VV: Lol)
- Strong Planning skills – highly structured, organized, logical and drives towards outcomes
- Strong Process Skills – ability to map and improve business process
- Strong attention to detail and care about quality of work
- Critical and strategic thinker
Uber – Marketing manager
About The Job
As a Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for implementing and advising on strategic initiatives that drive acquisition and engagement of riders and driver-partners. You’ll own projects that span growth, brand, content, product positioning, user lifecycle management, and retention for both existing and newly-launched regions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translating complex and varied inputs including market data, market research, consumer insights, and more into actionable campaigns that drive growth or retain users
- Wordsmithing and executing targeted email campaigns, and helping to build the voice of the Western Canada brand
- Working across teams to better understand the customer and derive insights to improve targeting, segmentation in order to acquire users
- Growing existing acquisition channels and bringing new ones into the mix, focusing on results and the scale of the opportunity
- Owning campaign processes from end to end from ideation, execution, to measurement
- Acting as a thought partner and mentor for the marketing team to encourage data-driven approaches and decisions
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A Mix Of Day-to- Day Activities And Broader Projects Could Include
- Building out a scalable plan to drive user acquisition, loyalty, retention, and advocacy
- Developing and executing a rider growth and education plan for newly-launched cities within the region
- Building the furniture of targeted email marketing campaigns to drive ridership
- Building out go-to- market strategies for new products and in-app features
- Evaluating performance metrics to inform new projects or areas of opportunities
WHO YOU ARE
- You think big. You’re passionate about this role and the Uber brand. Exploration and experimentation is inherent in your process. There’s strong rationale behind every recommendation you make. You have a thirst for knowledge, and curiosity drives you.
- You’re a team player. You’re collaborative, respectful, and willing to give and receive fierce feedback. You iterate quickly and respect deadlines. You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication styles to your audience.
- You’re a hustler. You hold yourself and the team to high standards. You motivate and mentor team members to produce inspiring results. You are very comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and culture.
- You thrive in a startup environment. Building the vision for a new company excites you. You love growing and scaling new ideas, and having your hand in many different projects at once.
- You have an ‘all hands on deck’ attitude. No task is too big or small. You love dabbling in different areas of the business, and lending a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- You’re comfortable with change. You tackle problems head-on. You adapt to shifting priorities, make efficient decisions in the face of tight deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease.
- 4+ years of experience-relevant roles include growth hacking or acquisition specializations, product management, or brand management (experience in a start-up and/or consulting is a plus)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven, growth-oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in leading complex projects, campaigns, and/or teams with full ownership over process and performance
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and content writing
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- You are a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers. Social media manager is integral to all our community engagement and content related efforts. You will be essential in communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way to today’s modern, hyper-connected, mobile first customers
- Establish a strategic approach to social media content that aligns with Grab’s strategic and tactical needs while overseeing owned channels development and management.
- Work with the regional team to grow engagement, reach and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure that social content is compelling and meets the strategic goals of the social persuasion.
- Maintain and coordinate Grab’s social content marketing calendars including brand, product and values.
- Use established metrics to optimize and drive continuous improvement in Grab’s efforts for social excellence
- Work with external agencies to develop creative and engaging online and social media content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.
- Monitor and analyse online sentiments on social media platforms.
- Liaise with Creative, operations, strategy and insights
- Ensure adherence to operating budget of Marketing Department
- To ensure working seamlessly with other marketing peers in various department
AS OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE, YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor Degree
- Proficiency in FB Business Manager, Social Media publishing tools (e.g. Hootsuite), Analytics tools (e.g. GA), online monitoring tools (e.g. Brandwatch)
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Proven success in driving social campaigns
- Expertise in both creative and promotional copywriting
- A data-driven mindset toward social content and publishing
- Experience in building up social media platforms with a focus on engagement metrics will be looked upon favourably
- Experienced in managing third party IT vendors, digital agencies with a familiarity of the local landscape of social advocates, influencers and content producers would be an asset
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement, and social media platforms
- Sensitive to the wider implications and understanding of operational concerns in the development of social communication plans
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently, whilst also a team player for broader digital strategies, monitoring or tactical campaigns
- Previous experience in a digital/social media agency will be an advantage
- 4-5 years in social media with experience in multi-channel content development and a focus on delivering metrics based performance