I’m a content marketer by trade.
I’m always happy to talk about content marketing, SEO, distribution, hiring writers, managing a writing team, etc.
I also write for pleasure and mischief.
I’m currently working on @1000wordvomits, a project to write 1,000,000 words in 1,000 sets of 1,000. I started on this project in December 2012.
- putting together a list of essays at /blog/
- writing about my marketing learnings at /marketing/
- assembling my thoughts about Singapore at /sg/
All of these are in a bit of disarray at the moment. I’d love to hear your thoughts about how I could improve them for public reference and consumption.
Here’s some public recognition I’ve received:
I’m a 3-time Quora Top Writer.
My best Quora answer is probably: Would modern day Singapore as a nation cease to exist if a megaton nuclear bomb was detonated over it?
- An Analysis of Power In Mean Girls – over 20,000 views. Shared by @alexisohanian, @ev, @nilofer and featured on Uproxx.
- “How To Bullshit Everyone With A Success Story, Sans Facts” shared by @sippey (former VP Product at Twitter) and @vgr from Ribbonfarm.
I’ve had a blogpost about procrastination hit the front page of Hacker News, which got me over 18,000 hits and all sorts of interesting emails and requests.
My blogpost about meeting Singapore’s PM Lee Hsien Loong went viral a few years back.
Reach out to me:
The best way to reach me is on Twitter, at @visakanv. You can also try emailing me, but I tend to be very sloppy with that.